Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A.L.C.S. -- Can You Believe It!

This picture was taken on the day of Cliff Lee's first start as a Texas Ranger. The Orioles killed him and the Rangers that day. The picture even made this publication.

However...

...

I knew something was right when I could not find any Rangers merchandise on sale or clearance the other day. Usually, in October, one can find pretty sweet deals on stuff, in preparation for next year.

And, I further knew something was right in October when the Red Sox Nation brotherhood sent mail raving the Rangers, especially since the foes blocking the way to the Fall Classic are the New York Yankees. Talks about a Rangers/Red Sox Opening Day in 2011 have subsided, substituted with cheers and praise from Beantown.

It is October, folks. And, not a word one about the Dallas Cowboys on the airwaves, save a mention about a roster move.

No more exhaustion from analyzing the Cowboys, and why they are 1-3.

No more predictions about the Mavericks and Stars.

This is the A.L.C.S. In Arlington. Less than 4 miles from my front door.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

At the beginning of the football season, I had to make a flag decision. I fly two flags at my home, and usually upon the Rangers ending their season, I continue to fly my Red Sox flag, and add my Cowboys flag.

I re-read this, and the decision was easy. To storage went my Red Sox flag, and I kept the Rangers flag flying high and mighty. I also had the opportunity to meet Chuck Greenberg at an event hosted by Jamey Newberg, and he posed with my girls.

Chuck -- wow -- what a cool guy. We continually call him the hero, who saved Rangers baseball, but fans know he's not the only one. Mr. Ryan, thank you, too.

We are preparing to enjoy the A.L.C.S. against that hated Yankees. And, how much s-w-e-e-t-e-r [sic] can it be: WE HAVE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE!

For baseball lovers, these Rangers are a phenomenal story. How can you not love it.

And, to the only faithful Rangers fan in El Paso, this is for you, brother.

No comments: